Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lisa's Dirty 30

In honor of our dear friend Lisa's 30th birthday, we all donned our fancy clothes and headed out for a fun night. First stop? The Met, where 8 of us managed to spend $859 (don't worry, that includes tax and tip). Final stop? The Art Lounge at the Four Seasons for after dinner drinks.

Since there were 8 of us, we got to enjoy dinner in a more private area of the restaurant, which was good since we tend to be a little loud.

Dinner was amazing and included drinks, appetizers, salads, main course and delicious desserts. The guys raved about the Maker's Mark ice cream (tasted like eggnog to me, and nothing like Maker's Mark, which tastes and smells like nail polish remover) but I'll stick to the Chocolate Lava cake or the White Chocolate Coconut cake. YUM.

The Art Lounge was fun - pretty swanky and had a great view of the water.

We had a blast last night and I hope our fun evening out made Lisa enjoy, rather than dread, the arrival of her 30s!

The guys (Corey, Nate, Chris, Jason)...

And the girls (me, Lisa, Natalie, Ashlie)...

Prom pose time for us...

And get-a-room-pose time for the Reeders...
Little Prosecco to enjoy with dessert.
Yes, she blew out all 3 candles at once. Wahoo!
The making of Bananas Foster for the Bishops & Gossetts. Do you think he's ever scorched his brows doing this?
Awww, sharing dessert really brought their relationship to a whole new level.

What good is dinner without a pic with the waiter at the end of the night?

4 comments:

Natalie Naomi said...

Jenny, you posted this mighty early. What happened to the sleeping in plan? :)

Good to see you guys last night!

Jenny said...

I tried...but Roxy didn't agree with that plan. She was up before 6:30 ready to play. Kept bringing her new toy to us in bed, hoping we'd play fetch. The joys of being a puppy parent...:)

Hope you and Ash had a good walk and that you had a good run!!

Lisa said...

Thanks again for coming last night. I had a GREAT time surrounded by my besties.

I do, however, think this night presented me with a delimma. Which picture for our Christmas card now? The inappropriate "get a room" shot from dinner, or the Murder Mystery costume shot? My family will be so proud of both...decisions, decisions.

Corey said...

We had a great time, too. I weighed 179 in the morning and 186 when I went to bed, so that was a sign of a good dinner.

Regarding the Reeder Holiday Card, I would say that you should go with the one that you can come up with a funnier headline for...