Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fun Family-Filled Weekend

My Uncle Gene flew up from Southern California and my parents and Grandma drove in for Yakima for some family fun this weekend. The weather was perfect and we had a great time catching up, both in and out of doors.

We kicked the weekend off by catching up at our place and giving my uncle a tour since he hadn't seen our condo yet. We then headed down to the Ballard Locks to check out the boats and spend some time in the sun. In the evening, we headed out to dinner together.

This morning, my parents and Corey and I enjoyed breakfast on our rooftop deck and then headed downtown to meet up with Gene and my Grandma for a trip through Pike Place Market. After taking in all Pike Place had to offer, we decided it would be fun to show the family Kerry Park, which showcases an amazing view of the Space Needle, downtown and West Seattle. Finally, we hit up 5 Spot for lunch and then returned to our place to relax before everyone headed back home.

We had a great time catching up with everyone and Roxy absolutely loved all the extra attention she was able to get throughout the weekend.

Here are some photos from the weekend. The rest can be found on my Flickr site.




Corey and I at the Locks.

My mom, dad and I posing with one of the Pigs on Parade in the lobby of the Silver Cloud (where my Uncle and Grandma were staying). How could we pass this shot up?

Mom and Dad, who recently celebrated their 31st anniversary (!!!), enjoyed the view from the roof.


Corey, Roxy and I on the roof.

Dad, Gene, Grandma and my mom at Pike Place.

Corey and I with Grandma.

The gals strolling through Pike Place.

Corey and I at Kerry Park. It was such a pretty day out!

So happy to be outside in the nice weather.

No comments: