Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's still Thursday...


10/30/2008
Originally uploaded by C. Moran
We went to Azteca for dinner. It's a Mexican restaurant in Ballard--although it's actually a chain of restaurants that you can probably find on Google Maps. Google Maps is really handy and I think it will become big one day. Azteca is owned by the Ramos family but I haven't met any of them at the restaurants; although maybe I have and didn't even know it.

I had a chicken fajita burrito. It was good. It has chicken in it that has been cooked like chicken fajitas, which is why they call it a chicken fajita burrito. It also has rice and beans and grilled green peppers and onions in it (also keeping with the fajita theme). There's a sauce they put on top which really helps. I had chips and salsa, too. Jenny had a taco salad, which she used to get more often, but has been getting the tostada salad instead, which is pretty much the same thing, just doesn't have the big, crunchy shell. She had guacamole on it. She likes guacamole. Guacamole is made out of avocados. Our friend Lisa likes avocados. There are lots of avocados near Palm Springs (a couple we met on the cruise this year told us). Jenny's from the Palm Springs of Washington (Yakima), which isn't the same thing, but they might have avocados, too.

Okay, it's almost time to watch TV shows. I remember when Friends was on Thursdays. There are still good shows on Thursdays, but it's not the same. I like the Office. If I could only watch one show live on Thursday nights it would be the Office. Kath & Kim is pretty good, too, but it's new and we'll see if it stays funny. And Thursday Night Football starts soon. When that does, I'd probably rather watch that live more than the Office.

If you're reading this, I can't believe you made it all the way to the end. Asinine Blog Post Thursday is now over...

EDITOR'S NOTE: For the record--and clarification--the "Asinine Blog Post Thursdays" posts were in no way, shape or form intended to poke fun at the primary "Meet the Morans" blogger, Jenny.  It was in fact intended to make light of some bloggers (to remain nameless) and the topics on which they post.  I would also like to note that all the details contained within these Thursday posts have in fact been true.  I hope these posts do not adversely impact the readship of "Meet the Morans".  Good day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You know what's better than a Chicken Fajita Burrito at Azteca? The Ramos Burger.

I know it's a Mexican restaurant and you aren't supposed to get burgers there, but I do whatever I want most of the time, which means ordering hamburgers at Mexican restaurants.

I do try to be thoughtful and order it in Spanish though "Quiero la hamburgesa con no lechuga y tomota; y las pappas fritas". For those of you who don't speak the espanol, that's a hamgurger with no lettuce and tomoato and an order of french fries.

For the record, I enjoy Asinine Thursday. It's probably the only day I'm coming back to read the blog each week.