Friday, May 30, 2014

Back at it

Today was my first day back at work - a day I'd been dreading and a day that, when my leave started back in January, seemed like eons away.  But, in fact, the 18 weeks I had off flew by so fast, and I was in denial all the way up until I actually arrived at work today.

Luckily it was a low key day, where I was able to sit in on a long Q3 planning meeting, which was a great way to find out what's been going on, and then my team took me to lunch.  I was finally able to get into my computer later this afternoon, which allowed just enough time for my Outlook account to sync and me to file everything away.  And to top it off, my boss brought me some bright pink peonies, which helped brighten my day and my desk.

I definitely got teary eyed as I left Cole this a.m. but he gave me lots of big smiles as I was kissing him goodbye, and I knew he'd be in good hands with Corey today, before going to daycare for the first time on Monday.  And I'd told Jackson today would be a hard day for me, so he promised me 25 kisses and 25 hugs when I dropped him off at daycare, and he followed through which made my day.

I got several cute texts from Corey and Cole today, keeping me updated on what they were up to.

Snuggles with Daddy

Checking out the trees while Daddy runs

Play time

And here's the smiley face I came home to:


And one other thing that brightened my day was my Cole notebook that Corey made on Blurb.  Loved seeing Cole's little face all day.


No comments: