Monday, February 28, 2011

Piglet Update

Apologies for the lack of blog posts lately - work has been crazy busy for both of us and we've been busy getting ready for Piglet's arrival.

I had a bi-weekly check-up today and Mini Moran looks healthy; however, he still appears to be breech. Apparently there is still time for him to flip on his own, but if he hasn't by my next appointment in two weeks, it sounds like they'll do an ultrasound to confirm with 100% certainty that he's breech. If that is the case, my options are to go into the hospital for an 'external cephalic version' (i.e. the doc manually flips the baby around) or we can schedule a c-section (and during my weekly appointments, they'll continue to check to see if he's turned on his own, in which case we could cancel the c-section). The good news with the ECV is that if they are able to flip him around, there isn't much room for him to flip back on his own; however, it only has about a 50% success rate (and looks a little scary if you ask me - check out this video to see for yourself). Corey and I have some things to think about if he still hasn't flipped over in a few weeks, but until then, we're crossing our fingers that he flips on his own!

According to my most recent weekly Baby Center email, Piglet should be a little over 4 lbs (think pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. And apparently this week is a big week - he could grow over an inch! In addition, his brain should be rapidly growing as well.

Instead of kicks, lately I'm just feeling him move around. Per my doc, this is normal --- he's getting bigger and there is less room for him to kick and punch me. So for the last week or so at night, Corey and I have been able to watch him squirm around in my tummy, which is funny, but crazy and weird, all at the same time.

This weekend, we have a childbirth prep and newborn care class, which I'm looking forward to. We will get to tour the birthing suite at Overlake and learn more about what to expect during labor and birth. I'm sure I'll have some blog-worthy information to share after the class.

In other news, Roxy and I are home alone as C has been in Oahu since Saturday on business, and won't be returning until Wednesday. I told him to try to plan another work trip there between May and July, so that the babe and I can go, too!
And finally, Piglet's room is just about complete so we'll have photos to share soon...stay tuned! In the meantime, I'll leave you with a photo C set up for us last week in the nursery.

3 comments:

amy hathaway said...

that ECV looks crazy. I didn't even know that procedure was possible!

Kelsey said...

Love the picture of you and Corey! Nice work!

Jenny said...

Amy - I totally didn't either, until recently. Eek!!

Kels - Thanks! It's all Corey...:)