Monday, July 29, 2013

Five Years

I'm a few days late, but I couldn't let this important date pass without a quick update.

It's so hard to believe, but as of Friday, Corey and I have been married for five years! In some ways, it seems like just yesterday that we were in Maui saying "I do", but in other ways, with all the big and exciting changes that have occurred in the last five years (Roxy joining the family, trips to places like Hawaii, Vegas, and Boston, welcoming Jackson into the world, buying a house, and so on), it seems like much more than just five years. Regardless though, it's been the best five years of my life. So, happy anniversary to my amazing hubby and wonderful daddy to Jackson (and soon-to-be #2). I couldn't have asked for a better BFF or partner-in crime.

The best part of our anniversary this year was being able to celebrate, just the two of us, with a trip back to Maui, where we spent the week relaxing, eating (way too much), reading (I think I set some sort of record, finishing 10 or 11 books in six days), and sleeping. It was a great week, aside from missing our sweet boy.

One of the biggest highlights of our trip though, was having lunch at Gannon's (previously the Seawatch Restaurant, which is where we got married). After launch, we even snapped a photo in the same spot we stood during our wedding back in 2008. I am so glad we did that - it's not something we can do every day, so it was definitely memorable.

More to come on our trip soon. In the meantime, here is a wedding photo in the Seawatch lawn, and a photo we took last week, against the same tree (slightly different angle, but you get the gist).



No comments: