Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to the best daddy Jackson could ever ask for.  It has been so amazing to watch you with him over the last two years.  You truly have so much love, patience, and compassion for this kiddo, I couldn't imagine a better daddy for our son.

I love when he runs to you, asking for "flips" and "jumps" - two of his favorite things.  I love hearing him run to greet you at the door at the end of each day, listening to him ask "where's daddy go" multiple times on our way home from school because he can't wait to see you, and of course, all the funny things he remembers that I tell him about you.  For instance, that you do a better job of holding him up to wash his hands at the kitchen sink because you're stronger, which he then uses against me later when I am home alone with him and tell him he needs to wash his hands ("No Mommy...Daddy do it.  He's stronger.") 

You give the best shoulder rides, the best baths, and always seem to know just want to say or do to keep a fast-approaching tantrum at bay.

Thank you for all that you do, and for being such a wonderful role model to our boy.


And to my dad and your dad - thanks for being such great grandpas!  Jackson asks about both of you frequently and it's clear that he loves and admires you both.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: