Tuesday, August 23, 2011

10 Years?!

This last weekend was my 10-year reunion, and as Senior Class President in high school, I had the pleasure of planning the reunion. (Can you sense my sarcasm?) 

I began planning last July with a survey that many of my classmates took to fill me in on what activities they were interested in, and it ended with a dinner and tour of our high school this past weekend.  All I can say is that I am SO glad it's all over and done with.  There wasn't anything all that complex to plan, but I've been responsible for a lot of different activities throughout the past year, and being the primary (and often sole) reunion planner, this past weekend has been hanging over my head.  And obviously, with Jackson here these last few months, it's been one of the last things I've wanted (or had time) to do.  The last few weeks of finalizing logistics and scrambling on a few things that had been miscommunicated to me and unaccounted for, all while being back at work, have been pretty stressful to say the least and it was the first time ever that I was actually looking forward to a weekend being over!

All stress and frustration aside, the weekend went well. On Saturday, we had a dinner and social gathering at the Apple Tree restaurant and on Sunday, we toured the new West Valley High School (my old high school became the freshman campus and a new high school was built next door and it is AWESOME).  With 300+ graduates, I was hoping for somewhere between 75-100 attendees but we only ended up with around 60 folks. Regardless, it was good to catch up with my old classmates - many of whom I hadn't seen in 10 years.  And speaking of 10 years, it's still so hard to believe I've been out of high school for that long.  Time really does fly.

But now, I'm looking forward to passing the reunion planning torch to someone else who is eager to do some planning in 10 years.  WVHS Class of 2001 Reunion Committee is now accepting volunteers!

Here are a few photos from the weekend.

1 comment:

Natalie Naomi said...

Don't worry Jenny! Were all at 10?! Years since college! If you ever feel old just hang out with our group and well make u feel better.