Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nursery Sneak Peek

While Corey and I were in Portland this past weekend, we were very successful in shopping for nursery furniture. While we don't actually have any of it yet, I thought I'd share our final picks, since I'm really excited about all of it.

First, here's the glider. It was more than we originally thought we'd spend, but it looks more like our living room furniture than a nursery essential, and thus will work in our living area one day. Plus it's SUPER comfy, which is a must when we'll be spending many hours in it in the near future.


And here's the crib and changing table we went with. (Disregard the pink!)

And though we didn't pick these up in Portland, I wanted you to see the full picture of the look we're going for, so here's the bedding (minus the quilt) and rug we went with.

We're going for a fun, colorful look with a beachy feel, since we love Hawaii and the beach so much. We'll incorporate other beachy items with artwork on the walls (which will be painted a very light blue). Overall we think it'll be something we like for several years, vs. a super themey-look, which we might get sick of sooner.

The glider should arrive in mid-March, the crib and changing table in the next 2-3 weeks, and we are hoping to get the painting done in the next couple weeks so we can start setting up the furniture as it arrives.

I'll share some photos of the finished product as soon as the nursery is all ready to go!

2 comments:

Natalie Naomi said...

I'd thought for sure given the baby daddy you'd go for a sports theme! But, in my opinion surfer boys are way hotter than jocks so I'm all for your beach theme. :)

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Kelsey said...

Forever dibs on the glider when I'm at your place. I hope it moves in to the living room sooner rather than later.